Tuesday 1 July 2008

Any other name for Morquio?

When I forward this link to my friend, he was asking whether there is another 'local' term for this disease. Ehmm, a very interesting question and I guess the answer is no. It would still be called MPS IVA or Morquio disease/syndrome. As I said before, Malaysian locals would refer it as 'kenan'. I have yet to find out how many cases have the Malaysian doctors found out about this MPS IVA. I know there are cases but I'm not sure what type the cases and how many there are. I am pretty sure there are similar cases in Malaysia but typically, they won't come forward to get it diagnosed.

On another note, Adnin was really excited this morning as one of the school teachers is willing to take her to Albert Hall in Nottingham by car. I'm sure she's going to have fun singing with the rest of Year 3 pupil. One good thing about schools here, they are very supportive and did not look down on people with disabilities. Adnin and Aqilah have special chairs in school to keep their postures in a proper sitting position.

No comments: