Wednesday 21 January 2009

Hospital bed for Adnin

The occupational therapist called this morning to inform that they will send in hospital bed for Adnin for her post-operation. Our dining room will be turned into a recovery room then. Jane was asking whether she might need a commode. What is a commode? I've never heard of it before. Well, it's actually a movable toilet so that Adnin can easily "does it" at the room. But knowing Adnin, she might not be able to do it there. So I told Jane that she might not need it. Besides, our toilet is quite near for me to carry her when she needs to go to the toilet.

It's amazing to see how they treat patients here which we can never get in our home country. I remember when my mother had her total knee replacement operation, I bought a new bed for her to ensure that she is comfortable. Well, it doesn't take long for the return favour, as somebody else is doing for Adnin when she needs it...

No comments: